Communicating ideas and information is the cornerstone of organizational operations. And, electronic forms of communication have made the transfer of knowledge quick, easy, and inexpensive. The ability to harness the potential of electronic forms of communication is critical in nearly every type of organization. But, in many, if not most, organizations, people work with a wide variety of devices running on a wide variety of platforms. And sometimes, what works well or looks good on one device, won’t work at all on another device. Or, your carefully designed and formatted document may end up looking like a jumbled mess on someone else’s computer. So, how do you balance the need to communicate ideas to large groups of people with the enormous diversity found in today’s electronic devices? The answer: you don’t have to because Adobe created the Portable Document Format as a solution to incompatible document formats.
Adobe® Acrobat® XI Pro puts the power of the Portable Document Format, literally, at your fingertips. By taking advantage of the functionality and features available in Acrobat, you will ensure the integrity of your electronic documents regardless of who views them, on what devices, or with what operating systems. And that will give the confidence and peace of mind that comes with knowing that what you meant to communicate is what your document recipients will see.
In this course, you will create and work with PDF documents. You will:
- Access information in a PDF document.
- Create and save PDF documents.
- Navigate content in a PDF document.
- Modify PDF documents.
- Review PDF documents.
- Convert PDF documents.
Lesson 1: Accessing PDF Documents
- Topic A: Open a PDF Document
- Topic B: Browse a PDF Document
Lesson 2: Creating and Saving PDF Documents
- Topic A: Create and Save a PDF Document from an Existing Document
- Topic B: Create a PDF Document from a Web Page
- Topic C: Combine Multiple PDF Documents
Lesson 3: Navigating Content in a PDF Document
- Topic A: Perform a Search in a PDF Document
- Topic B: Search Multiple PDF Documents
- Topic C: Work with Bookmarks
- Topic D: Create Links and Buttons
Lesson 4: Modifying PDF Documents
- Topic A: Manipulate PDF Document Pages
- Topic B: Edit Content in a PDF Document
- Topic C: Add Page Elements
Lesson 5: Reviewing PDF Documents
- Topic A: Add Comments and Markup
- Topic B: Compare PDF Documents
- Topic C: Initiate and Manage a Review
Lesson 6: Converting PDF Files
- Topic A: Reduce the File Size of a PDF Document
- Topic B: Optimize PDF Files
- Topic C: Convert and Reuse PDF Document Content
Appendix A: Acrobat XI Pro on Touchscreen Devices
Appendix B: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro ACE Certification Exam Objectives
This course is for individuals who are new to Adobe Acrobat Pro, but need to create and share PDF files and PDF portfolios. Students should have some experience using office productivity applications, such as a word processor, a multimedia presentation application, or a spreadsheet application.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic experience with computers and exposure to Windows® 8, as well as common productivity tools such as Microsoft® Office Word and Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows 7
- Microsoft® Office Word 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013: Part 1