In Adobe® InDesign® CS6: Part 1 you were introduced to the many features that help you create professional looking documents. Now you need to create much lengthier interactive documents that need to be accessed across a range of devices. In this course, you will learn advanced InDesign techniques to enhance the look and functionality of your documents.
Using Adobe InDesign, you can create interactive documents and export them for viewing in a web browser with various features such as buttons, page transitions, movies and audio files, hyperlinks and animation. You have the ability to assign color profiles and establish print presets. In creating longer documents, you’ll be able to include such features as a table of contents, footnotes, cross-references and an index.
This course is also designed to cover the InDesign CS6 Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use Adobe® InDesign® CS6 to create and deliver professional looking printed and interactive documents.
- Create layouts for multiple formats.
- Manage advanced page elements.
- Manage styles.
- Build complex paths.
- Manage external files.
- Create dynamic documents.
- Manage long documents.
- Publish InDesign files for other formats.
- Customize print settings.
Lesson 1: Creating Documents for Multiple Formats
- Topic A: Build Layout Variations
- Topic B: Link Content
Lesson 2: Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Topic A: Create Repeating Content
- Topic B: Work with Text Layouts
- Topic C: Create Transparency
- Topic D: Use Anchored Objects
- Topic E: Manage a Library
Lesson 3: Managing Styles
- Topic A: Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Topic B: Create Nested and GREP Styles
- Topic C: Apply Styles in a Sequence and Manage Overrides
- Topic D: Redefine Styles and Break Style Links
Lesson 4: Building Complex Paths
- Topic A: Create Bézier Paths
- Topic B: Create Clipping Paths
- Topic C: Create Compound Paths
Lesson 5: Managing External Files
- Topic A: Import Layered Files
- Topic B: Merge Data
Lesson 6: Creating Dynamic Documents
- Topic A: Create Document Sections
- Topic B: Insert Text Variables
- Topic C: Create Interactive Documents
Lesson 7: Managing Long Documents
- Topic A: Create a Book
- Topic B: Build a Table of Contents
- Topic C: Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Topic D: Generate an Index
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes
Lesson 8: Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats
- Topic A: Export PDF files for Print
- Topic B: Export Interactive PDF Files
- Topic C: Export Files for Animation
- Topic D: Export Files for the Web
Lesson 9: Customizing Print Settings
- Topic A: Manage Colors
- Topic B: Preview the Print Output
- Topic C: Create Print Presets
Appendix A: Productivity Enhancements
Appendix B: InDesign Language Support
Appendix C: Extension Manager CS6
Appendix D: Adobe InDesign CS6 ACE Certification Exam Objectives
Appendix E: New Features in Adobe InDesign CS6
This course is intended for students who want to expand their entry-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features and collaboration tools.
To ensure your success, you will need to take the following Logical Operations course: