Configuring the Cisco Nexus 1000V is a three-day instructor-led training program designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. Version 2.0 of this course is an update that covers the feature differences between version 4.2(1)SV1(4a) and version 4.2(1)SV1(5.1). Labs and Courseware are updated in this version of the course. Additionally time is spent discussing the highlights of emerging features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V.
CCNA Data Center
Upon completing this course, the learner is able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture
- Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series, and discuss how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design.
1. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Virtual Networking Architecture
Virtual Infrastructure Networking in the VMware Infrastructure Configuring VMware Switching Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and VSBs Installing and Upgrading the Virtual Supervisor and Virtual Ethernet Modules
2. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Feature Configuration
Configuring Port Profiles Configuring Security Features Configuring Quality of Service Configuring Management Features Configuring System Management Features Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools
The hands-on labs for this course are based on VMware vSphere v5.0. Lab 1: Set up the Lab Environment Lab 2: Install the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM Lab 3: Install the Cisco Nexus 1000V VEM Lab 4: Upgrade the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM and VEM Lab 5: Optimize the Cisco Nexus 1000V Implementation Lab 6: Configure Security Features Lab 7: Configure Quality of Service Lab 8: Configure Management Features Lab 9: Configure Troubleshooting Features
• Channel Partner / Reseller • Customer • Employee
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have :
CCNA Routing and Switching knowledge