In today’s modern and connected society, in which people have access to information almost everywhere they go on a variety of devices, any strong marketing presence or campaign should incorporate some form of web-based marketing. Google AdWords™ is a web-based marketing tool that allows individuals and organizations to advertise on the Internet. Google AdWords is the most popular web marketing tool, and operates on the largest connected set of networks, Google’s networks.
Google AdWords is simple to start using, but is difficult to master. AdWords campaigns have many components that must work together well to create an effective ad campaign. Managing an AdWords campaign involves constant monitoring, analysis, and refinement to improve campaign performance.
In this course, you will create a Google AdWords account, create an AdWords campaign, create text ads, research and optimize keywords, refine text ad copy, manage your AdWords campaign through analysis, analyze and optimize bidding and budget, and generate both performance and financial reports. Before you can perform these tasks, you need to understand how search engine marketing (SEM) works in general and the specific capabilities and features of Google AdWords.
In this course, you will create a Google AdWords account and run a basic marketing campaign. You will:
- Create and navigate a Google AdWords account.
- Create and manage ad campaigns.
- Work with keywords.
- Write ads for Google AdWords.
- Manage bidding and budgets.
- Launch and manage ads.
- Create financial and performance reports.
Lesson 1: Creating and Navigating a Google AdWords Account
- Topic A: Create and Navigate the Google AdWords Account
- Topic B: Configure Account Notifications
Lesson 2: Creating Ad Campaigns
- Topic A: Overview of AdWords Campaigns
- Topic B: Create Campaigns and Configure Campaign Settings
- Topic C: Configure Ad Groups, Ads, and Keywords
Lesson 3: Researching, Refining, and Editing Keywords
- Topic A: Overview of Keywords in AdWords
- Topic B: Research Keywords with the Google Keyword Tool
- Topic C: Research Keywords Online
- Topic D: Edit and Configure Ad Groups and Keywords
Lesson 4: Writing Ads in Google AdWords
- Topic A: Review Google Ad and Content Policies
- Topic B: Write High-Quality AdWords Ads
Lesson 5: Analyzing Campaign Performance
- Topic A: Review Your Campaign and Adjust Settings
- Topic B: Analyze and Optimize Ads and Keywords
Lesson 6: Managing Bidding and Budgets
- Topic A: Set and Manage Bids
- Topic B: Set and Manage Budgets
Lesson 7: Creating Performance and Financial Reports
- Topic A: Create Performance Reports
- Topic B: Create Billing Reports
Appendix A: Google Certified Professional Exam Mappings
This course is designed for marketing professionals who have basic end-user computing skills who will create and manage ads and campaigns with Google AdWords.
Students should know how to use a web browser and productivity software (Microsoft® Office or Google Docs™). You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8 or Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
- Any or all of the courses in the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 curriculum