Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) v9.0 prepares you for implementing Cisco Unified Communications solution in a multisite environment. It covers globalized call routing, Cisco Service Advertisement Framework (SAF) and Call Control Discovery (CCD), tail-end hop-off (TEHO), Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), and mobility features such as Cisco Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility.
You will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment including TEHO, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN. You will also enable Call Admission Control (CAC) including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Preconditions and automated alternate routing (AAR).
- CCNP Voice
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements.
- Implement call-processing resiliency in remote sites by using Cisco Unified SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in Cisco Unified SRST mode.
- Implement bandwidth management and CAC to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN.
- Implement Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility – Describe and implement CCD deployments.
- Course Introduction
- Multisite Deployment Implementation
- Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy Implementation
- Bandwidth Management and CAC Implementation
- Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
- Call Control Discovery
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows :
- Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Working knowledge of the MGCP, SIP, and H.323 protocols and their implementation on Cisco IOS gateways
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a single-site environment