Meetings, instruction, training, pitches; these are all a part of our daily lives. We are often called upon to deliver presentations with little notice, at multiple venues, and with varying requirements, and that includes sensitive information that needs to be guarded. Given all the variables, it may seem an overwhelming task to deliver your content, on time, to all audiences, and to only those who need to see it. Oh, and by the way, you need to make it interesting, informative, and memorable. So, how do you do it? Without the help of a robust set of tools, it would be nearly impossible. But, PowerPoint 2010 provides you with a variety of such tools, that can help you deliver content in nearly any situation, while saving time and effort.
By taking advantage of these tools, you will be creating presentations that not only stand out from the crowd, but also don’t consume all of your available time.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to customize the PowerPoint 2010 application, and effectively create, collaborate on, secure, and distribute complex multimedia presentations for a variety of situations.
- Modify the PowerPoint environment.
- Customize design templates.
- Add SmartArt to a presentation.
- Work with media and animations.
- Collaborate on a presentation.
- Customize a slide show.
- Secure and distribute a presentation.
Lesson 1: Modifying the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic A: Customize the User Interface
- Topic B: Set PowerPoint 2010 Options
Lesson 2: Customizing Design Templates
- Topic A: Modify Slide Masters and Slide Layouts
- Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic C: Modify the Notes Master and the Handout Master
Lesson 3: Adding SmartArt to a Presentation
- Topic A: Create SmartArt
- Topic B: Modify SmartArt
Lesson 4: Working with Media and Animations
- Topic A: Add Audio to a Presentation
- Topic B: Add Video to a Presentation
- Topic C: Customize Animations and Transitions
Lesson 5: Collaborating on a Presentation
- Topic A: Review a Presentation
- Topic B: Publish Slides to a Slide Library
- Topic C: Share a Presentation on the Web
Lesson 6: Customizing a Slide Show
- Topic A: Annotate a Presentation
- Topic B: Set Up a Slide Show
- Topic C: Create a Custom Slide Show
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
- Topic E: Record a Presentation
Lesson 7: Securing and Distributing a Presentation
- Topic A: Secure a Presentation
- Topic B: Broadcast a Slide Show
- Topic C: Create a Video or a CD
Appendix A: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 Exam 77-883
Appendix B: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
This course is intended for students who have a foundational working knowledge of PowerPoint 2010, who wish to take advantage of the application’s higher-level usability, security, collaboration, and distribution functionality.
To ensure success, students should have experience using PowerPoint 2010, running within the Windows 7 operating system, to create, edit, and deliver multimedia presentations. To attain this level of knowledge and skills, you can take the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7: Level 1 or Windows® 7: Transition from Windows® XP
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2010: Part 1