The ACEDES – Designing a Data Center Application Infrastructure with the Cisco ACE Family v1.0 is a 4-day, instructor-led, training course. You will learn how to deploy and configure intelligent network services using the Catalyst 6500 Application Control Engine (Cisco ACE), the next generation form factor of ACE, GSS and AVS. This course covers all of the key features of the ACE products, including resource virtualisation and management, server load balancing (Layer 2-4 and Layer 7), SSL termination and offload, and security features like application-layer inspection and fixups. The focus is on enabling the student to properly position the ACE products in the network for optimizing Data Center components and network resources.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe IP application delivery with the ACE module.
- Describe the configuration tasks necessary to successfully deploy an ACE module.
- Describe the structure and function of the Modular Policy CLI statements used to configure ACE features.
- Describe the capabilities and configuration of the ACE features used to provide load balancing of IP-based applications.
- Identify the layer 7 processing options used to provide advanced application networking.
- Describe ACE support for SSL protocol processing.
- Describe the ACE features that provide IP application-based security.
- Describe the high-availability features of the ACE module which are used to provide reliable application networking services.
- Describe a methodology used to design and configure multiple ACE features.
- Lesson 1: Introducing ACE
- Lesson 2: Deploying ACE
- Lesson 3: Modular Policy Configuration
- Lesson 4: Layer 4 / 7 Load Balancing
- Lesson 5: Layer 7 Protocol Processing
- Lesson 6: Processing Secure Connections
- Lesson 7: Security Features
- Lesson 8: High Availability
- Lesson 9: Integrating Multiple Features
- Channel Partner / Reseller
You will gain the most from this course if you have a basic understanding of the following topics:
- The TCP / IP protocol
- The HTTP and SSL protocols
- N-tier application architecture
- Server load-balancing