The Juniper AJEXT – Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching Troubleshooting is a one-day course that provides students with skills in troubleshooting spanning tree protocols, Q-in-Q tunnelling, port security features, multicast, and a class of service (CoS). Students will gain experience in monitoring and troubleshooting these topics through demonstration as well as hands-on labs. The course exposes students to common troubleshooting commands and tools used to troubleshoot various intermediate to advanced issues.
This course uses Juniper Networks EX Series Switches for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.3R1.7.
Course Level: Advanced-level course
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Verify and troubleshoot Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Verify and troubleshoot Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP).
- Verify and troubleshoot Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP).
- Verify and troubleshoot VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP).
- Verify and troubleshoot Q-in-Q tunnelling.
- Verify and troubleshoot port authentication and security.
- Verify and troubleshoot multicast.
- Verify and troubleshoot class of service.
- List the general chassis components.
- Identify different methods for troubleshooting major chassis components.
- Troubleshoot Virtual Chassis.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Troubleshooting Spanning Tree Protocols
- Spanning Tree Protocols Overview
- Troubleshooting Spanning Tree Protocols Lab
Chapter 3: Troubleshooting Port Security
- Port Security Features
- Authentication and Access Control
- Troubleshooting Port Security Lab
Chapter 4: Troubleshooting Advanced Features
- Q-in-Q Tunneling
- Class of Service
- Troubleshooting Advanced Features Lab
Appendix A: Hardware and Virtual Chassis Troubleshooting
- General Chassis Components
- Hardware Case Study
- IT professionals
- Network Engineers
- Individuals who are responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS