The Advanced Packet Analysis with Wireshark Analyzer (APAW) course will focus on the detailed analysis and troubleshooting of typical network protocols and applications with a specific focus on switched Ethernet, TCP/IP networks and TCP/IP based applications.
Delegates will acquire knowledge and experience about detailed analysis and troubleshooting of typical network protocols and applications with specific focus on switched Ethernet, TCP/IP networks and TCP/IP based applications.
Switched Ethernet analysis
- Duplex & Speed Issues
- Spanning Tree operation and Spanning Tree analysis
- Analyzing VLANs, VLAN-Tagging
TCP/IP analysis of the network layer
- IP addressing
- Typical IP scenarios
- IP options
- ICMP, ARP, and DHCP
TCP/IP analysis of the transport layer
- TCP functions
- Session Setup, Data Transfer and Session Teardown
- Window Mechanism and Window optimization
- TCP options (SACK, Window Scaling) and TCP timers
- UDP functions
Analyzing and troubleshooting TCP/IP with Wireshark
- Wireshark preferences for advanced TCP/IP analysis
- Typical TCP/IP related problems
- Wireshark Expert Info messages and their meanings
Network administrators, network managers, and all technical staff who are responsible for planning, implementing, and ensuring high-performance operation of their data networks.
- Basic understanding of Network Fundamentals and TCP/IP operation
- Completion of Packet Analysis with Wireshark Analyzer (PAW)