The DTBAS – Applying Cisco Business Architecture Techniques is a three-day instructor-led training course, that covers in-depth principal concepts and tools that are central to the Business Lead sales process. Built upon the four pillars of the Enterprise Architecture framework, this course develops and builds skills around understanding the business model of the customer, the current state analysis, and a roadmap to a desired outcome on the business transformation roadmap.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to describe and use design-oriented knowledge for unified computing topics, including:
- Identify the business model of the customer.
- Understand their value chain. Be able to determine stakeholders and their motivation.
- Formulate a vision and a roadmap to execution.
- Build various artefacts that drive engagements to a successful conclusion.
- Drive long-term value and synergies that are mutually beneficial to vendor and customer.
Module 1: Applying the Cisco Business Architecture Techniques
- Lesson 1: Motivating Change and Behavior for Engagement
- Lesson 2: Understanding the Business
- Lesson 3: Preparing to Engage with the Customer
- Lesson 4: Identifying Business Possibilities, Opportunities, and Needs
- Lesson 5: Defining Business Capabilities, Solutions, and Outcomes
- Lesson 6: Delivering the Message to the Business
- Lesson 7: Executing the Plan
- Lesson 8: Course Review and Next Steps
Module 2: HES Case Study
- Lesson 1: Account Brief and Background
- Lesson 2: Customer Meeting Information
- Lesson 3: Corporate Investor Presentation
- Lesson 4: Strategic IT Roadmap
It is recommended that a learner has the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Strong Cisco technology background with both depth and breadth
- Experience with and understanding of Cisco business capabilities and solutions
- A technical foundation to allow for understanding and consuming new and emerging technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to apply them to business challenges
- Soft skills for consulting and customer engagement
- Financial aptitude for understanding and deriving financial value for the business
- Motivated to adopt the business architecture model and stay focused on the business