This is a 1 day course packed with the perfect balance of theory and hands-on activities that will help you get started with React.
React is widely used to create fast and reusable user interface components. It has been remarkably successful in recent years, since it is easy to use and offers a coherent design model.
React’s ease of use depends on an actual understanding of the core concepts of the library. By exploiting these concepts, you can build a high-quality design interface.
You’ll find helpful tips and tricks, as well as useful self-assessment material, exercises, and activities to help benchmark your progress and reinforce what you’ve learned.
- Create components and combine them together to build other components
- Use JSX declaratives to describe how a component should look
- Manage a component’s internal state
- Manage interaction events
- Exploit component lifecycle events
- Manage navigation between high-level components
- Design user interfaces by making the most of React’s features
Lesson 1: Introducing React and UI Design
- What is React?
- How to Set Up a React-Based Application
- How to Design a UI
Lesson 2: Creating Components
- Definition of a Component
- Using JSX
- Composing Components
- Data Propagation
- Managing the Internal State
Lesson 3: Managing User Interactivity
- Managing User Interaction
- Component Lifecycle Events
For successful completion of this course, students will require computer systems with the following:
- Processor: Pentium 4 (or equivalent)
- 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 10 GB
- A projecting device (for the instructor only)
- An Internet Connection
A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- Operating System: Windows 10 version, 1507
- The latest version of Node.js (https://nodejs.org/en/)
- The latest version of Chrome or the penultimate version