In this one-day class,Â candidates will learn the fundamentals of using FortiAnalyzer 6.0 for centralized logging and reporting. Candidates will learn how to configure and deploy FortiAnalyzer, and identify threats and attack patterns through logging, analysis, and reporting. Finally, students will examine some helpful troubleshooting techniques.
In interactive labs,Â candidates will explore administration and management, register devices for log collection with FortiAnalyzer, use FortiAnalyzer to centrally collect logs; perform a forensic analysis of logs based on simulated network attacks; create reports, and explore solutions to common misconfiguration issues.
- This course is part of preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam.
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Describe key features and concepts of FortiAnalyzer
- Deploy an appropriate architecture
- Use administrative access controls
- Monitor administrative events and tasks
- Manage ADOMs
- Configure RAID
- Register supported devices
- Troubleshoot communication issues
- Manage disk quota
- Manage registered devices
- Protect log information
- View and search logs
- Troubleshoot and manage logs
- Monitor events
- Generate and customize reports
- Customize charts and datasets
- Manage reports
- Troubleshoot reports
- Introduction and Initial Configuration
- Administration and Management
- Device Registration and Communication
- Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiAnalyzer appliance and FortiGate security information.
- Familiarity with all topics presented in the FortiGate I and FortiGate II courses
- Knowledge of the SQL â€˜selectâ€™ syntax is helpful