CIOTOC, Configuring and Operating Cisco IoT Operations Center, is a 3-day instructor-led course. Today, data governs all aspects of business decision making helping to improve efficiencies across the organization. Digitization requires Enterprise Applications to communicate to all assets while enterprises are converging to IP/Ethernet/Wireless Networks and need to keep every IoT deployment safe. Additionally, the impact of the pandemic is driving organizations to look to the Internet of Things (IoT) not just for efficiencies but also for resiliency. To adapt and thrive in the new normal, organizations need simplified management systems to proactively monitor and troubleshoot their ITâ€“OT infrastructure in the Industrial IoT Architecture. The goal of this course is to help the student acquire the knowledge and skills needed to understand and face the IoT Management Challenges and to use and operate IoT Operations Center software solution in order to achieve a centrally controlled and continuously operating IoT infrastructure. Practical skills will be achieved using real-world scenarios and examples in a lab developed for such a purpose.
Cisco IoT Operations Center provides organizations the ability to simplify IoT management using a single portal for OT/IT to deploy, manage, monitor and maintain their IoT network, assets and data in the cloud or on-premise.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain the challenges in IoT infrastructure management.
- Explain Ciscoâ€™s IoT Management Model.
- Identify IoT Management Challenges.
- Identify IoT Operations Center Deployment Options.
- Describe IoT Operations Center Solution Concepts and Components.
- Configure and Operate Edge Device Manager.
- Configure and Operate Edge Intelligence Management.
- Configure and Operate Industrial Asset Vision.
- Configure and Operate Mesh Endpoints.
- Describe and use IoT Operations Center API for Automation.
- Identify IoT Operations Center use cases.
Lesson 1: Industrial Internet of Things Overview
- IoT Concepts Review
- Customer IoT Journey
- Portfolio Overview
Lesson 2: Introducing Cisco IoT Operations Center
- IoT Management Challenges
- IoT Management Product Portfolio
- Cisco Network Management Solution Positioning
- IoT Management Model
- Cisco IoT Operations Center Overview
- Features and Benefits
- IoT Operations Center Licensing
Lesson 3: Cisco IoT Operations Center Administration and Operation
- IoT Operations Center Deployment
- Supported Devices
- Edge Device Manager Configuration and Operation
- Edge Intelligence Management Configuration and Operation
- Industrial Asset Vision Configuration and Operation
- Mesh Endpoints Configuration and Operation
- IoT Operations Center GUI exploration
- Topology/Field Devices View
- Devices Management
- OT Assets
- IoT Operations Center API
- pxGrid Integration
- IoT Operations Center Management
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Systems Administrators and Engineers
- Technical Solutions Architects
- Systems Integrators
- Channel Partners
- Value-Added Resellers
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic knowledge of IoT Management
- Sounded knowledge of Internet of Things Concepts
- Sounded knowledge of IIoT Architectures