The CUWN – Cisco Unified Wireless Networking v7.2 course enables network administrators to deploy a wireless LAN (WLAN) enterprise solution through the identification and successful implementation of site-appropriate hardware and software features in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
Topics include Cisco Wireless LAN Solution, WLAN Security, Installation, Configuration, Administration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify how the¬†CUWN¬†solution meets the challenges of successful WLAN deployments.
- Select and properly install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network hardware appropriate to site and use requirements.
- Administer¬†CUWN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network.
- Configure and implement the key¬†CUWN¬†security features to mitigate WLAN security threats.
- Utilize a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats.
1:Cisco Wireless LAN Solution
- Characterizing Cisco Enterprise Wireless LAN
- Understanding Hardware Models
- Describing WLC Terms and Protocols
2:CUWN¬†Installation and Configuration
- Installing Hardware Components
- Configuring the WLC Setup
- Configuring WLC Settings
- Configuring LAG
- Describing AP Operational Modes
- Configuring 802.11 Protocols, Performance Optimization and Auto RF
- Implementing Cisco CleanAir
- Associating an AP to a WLC
- Configuring Mobility Groups and Roaming
- Administering Individual WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring QOS
- Performing General Administration
- Describing 802.11 Weak Security Policy
- Configuring Security Parameter
- Configuring¬†CUWN¬†to Support 802.1X Authentication
5:Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Gathering VLAN Traffic and other Data
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Loading Device Code and Managing Configuration Data
- Channel Partners / Resellers