The DCNX1K – Configuring the Cisco Nexus 1000V v2.0 is a three-day instructor-led training program designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
This version 2.0 is an update that covers the feature differences between version 4.2(1)SV1(4a) and version 4.2(1)SV1(5.1). Labs and Courseware are updated in this version of the course. Additionally, time is spent discussing the highlights of emerging features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V.
Upon completing this course, the learner is able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture
- Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series, and discuss how these features are used in the Data Center virtual infrastructure design.
1. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Virtual Networking Architecture
Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
Configuring VMware Switching
Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch
Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and VSBs
Installing and Upgrading the Virtual Supervisor and Virtual Ethernet Modules
2. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Feature Configuration
Configuring Port Profiles
Configuring Security Features
Configuring Quality of Service
Configuring Management Features
Configuring System Management Features
Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools
The hands-on labs for this course are based on VMware vSphere v5.0.
Lab 1: Set up the Lab Environment
Lab 2: Install the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM
Lab 3: Install the Cisco Nexus 1000V VEM
Lab 4: Upgrade the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM and VEM
Lab 5: Optimize the Cisco Nexus 1000V Implementation
Lab 6: Configure Security Features
Lab 7: Configure Quality of Service
Lab 8: Configure Management Features
Lab 9: Configure Troubleshooting Features
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have :
- CCNA Routing and Switching knowledge