The Fixed Access Networks course aims to provide the basic knowledge of the fixed network architecture and on the functioning of its services. In particular, this training covers POTS and ISDN services and the related signalling technologies. Moreover, we will focus on ADSL technology, its architecture, the equipment, and Unbundling issues.
- Analog Telephony
- POTS signalling
- ISDN access interface
- B and D ISDN channels
- ISDN signalling flow, Q.931 messages
- ISDN and SS#7: messages similarities and translation
- Broadband service over twisted pair
- xDSL technologies
- ADSL modem
- ADSL traffic aggregation on DSLAM
- ISAM access device
- ADSL service authentication
- Local Loop Unbundling
All those who are interested in understanding fixed network services technology and functioning.
Before attending the Fixed Access Networks course, you must have basic telecommunications skills.