Module 1: System Architecture Overview
- Articulate the NGFW System Architecture.
- Understand how to size a firewall and management environment.
- Understand Management and Log Server high availability.
- Become familiar with upgrading Management Server, Log Server, and engines.
- Articulate the Forcepoint NGFW license model.
Module 2: Firewall/VPN Role and Single Firewall Deployment
- Describe basic network defence strategies.
- Define the capabilities and key features of the NGFW.
- Understand and learn the process of defining and deploy a single firewall.
- Identify additional features of the NGFW.
Module 3: Routing and Anti-spoofing
- Configure static routing.
- Describe additional special routing capabilities of the NGFW.
- Understand route metrics and route monitoring.
- Summarize the origin and function of Anti-spoofing.
Module 4: NGFW Policies
- Describe different NGFW policy types.
- Define NGFW policy templates and policy structure.
- Identify the anatomy of a security policy and the objects used in policies.
- Detail the process of policy installation and activation.
Module 5: Distributed System Configuration
- Describe system communication in a distributed firewall environment.
- Identify locations and contact addresses in distributed systems.
- Describe system communication between management and engines.
- Configure Network Address Translation (NAT).
Module 6: Firewall/VPN Role and Clustering technology
- Describe the firewall clustering architecture and theory.
- Configure a firewall cluster in the SMC (management).
- Employ NGFW interface options.
- Deploy a firewall cluster.
Module 7: MSSP and Virtual Contexts
- Describe the SMC Domain Architecture.
- Detail the function of the Web Portal Server.
- Define Virtual Contexts.
- Relate Master Engines and Virtual Engines.
- Relate clustering and performance.
- Review a configuration and deployment example of an MSSP architecture.
Module 8: Outbound Multi-Link Technology
- Describe Outbound Traffic Management and its capabilities.
- Explain ISP link selection.
- Classify when to use a particular link selection method.
- Configure Outbound Multi-Link.
Module 9: Site-to-Site VPNs
- Define Forcepoint NGFW VPN capabilities.
- Define Forcepoint NGFW VPN terminology.
- Identify supported VPN topologies.
- Relate Multi-Link and VPNs.
- Test VPN-related tools in the SMC.
- Configure a Multi-Link Policy-Based VPN.
- Investigate Route-Based VPNs and when to use them.
- Design VPN Hub configuration.
Module 10: Active Directory Integration
- Define network user management.
- Integrate Active Directory with the SMC (management).
- Categorize the role of NPS, LDAP authentication, RADIUS, and TACAC+ in the authentication process.
- Deploy Forcepoint User Identification.
- Configure and deploy the Endpoint Context Agent.
- Monitor network users.
Module 11: VPN Client
- Describe Mobile VPN connections.
- Distinguish IPSec and SSL VPN tunnelling.
- Configure an NGFW engine for Mobile VPN connections.
- Configure the VPN Client for an endpoint.
- Demonstrate tools for Mobile VPN troubleshooting.
Module 12: Traffic Inspection
- Review connection control and the role of Deep Inspection.
- Differentiate between Services, Protocol Agents, and Proxy Modules.
- Configure a Sidewinder Proxy service.
- Establish Network Application Identification.
- Differentiate Network Applications and Client Applications.
Module 13: Inspection Policies
- Relate firewall and inspection policies.
- Illustrate the anatomy of Inspection Policies.
- Differentiate the predefined Inspection Policy templates.
- Define the concept of Situations.
- Define the function of the Inspection Rules tree.
- Fine-tune inspection policies.
- Analyze the role and function of Inspection Exception rules.
- Analyze the use and function of Blacklisting.
Module 14: Malware Detection and File Filtering
- Explain the process of Malware Detection.
- Illustrate the anatomy of a File Filtering Policy.
- Define the process of using File Reputation services.
- Configure built-in Anti-Malware scanning.
- Describe the role of Advance Malware Detection.
Module 15: NGFW Inspection Techniques
- Define techniques used by the NGFW to identify threats.
- Detail the traffic inspection process.
- Explain the role of Advanced Evasion Techniques and the process of traffic normalization.
- Describe misuse detection with Fingerprints.
- Describe concept of Situations and their role in traffic inspection.
- Analyze Regular Expression syntax.
- Review examples of fingerprints.
Module 16: TLS Inspection
- Articulate the purpose of TLS inspection.
- Describe TLS inspection exceptions.
- Define the process of Server and Client-Side TLS inspection.
- Configure the TLS inspection.
Module 17: NGFW in Layer 2 Roles and Multi-Layer Deployment
- Identify NGFW Operating Roles.
- Define key features of the IPS and Layer 2 Firewall roles.
- Understand the difference between the Firewall and IPS.
- Describe a Layer 2 Policy.
- Configure and deploy a multi-layer NGFW.
- Analyze the role of High Availability in multi-layer deployments.
Module 18: Forcepoint Integration
- Configure integration with Forcepoint Web Security Cloud.
- Detail how to integrate with Forcepoint Advanced Malware Detection.
- Review the Malware Detection process.
- Understand information exchange using Syslog or other SIEM solutions.
Module 19: Troubleshooting
- Detail the NGFW packet inspection process.
- Review the troubleshooting process and learn troubleshooting tips.
- Define the role of sgInfo in troubleshooting.
- Explore how to troubleshooting with logs.
- Understand how to troubleshoot a VPN.
- Analyze the role of monitoring in troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot the NGFW engine.