This FortiGate Infrastructure course is a two-day instructor-led training, where you will learn how to use advanced FortiGate Infrastructure features including networking and security.
Topics include features commonly applied in a complex or larger enterprise or MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, single sign-on (SSO), web proxy, and diagnostics.
- FortiOS 6.0
- FortiOS 6.2 (Available soon)
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Analyse a FortiGate route table
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multipath and load-balanced deployments
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device
- Divide FortiGate into two or more virtual devices, each operating as an independent FortiGate, by configuring virtual domains (VDOMs)
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate devices
- Compare policy-based to route-based IPsec VPN
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant VPN
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance
- Deploy implicit and explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching
- Diagnose and correct common problems
- Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Virtual Domains
- Layer 2 Switching
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO)
- High Availability (HA)
- Web Proxy
Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of network infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
This course assumes knowledge of basic FortiGate fundamentals. Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security¬†course before attending the¬†FortiGate Infrastructure course.
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Knowledge of firewall concepts in an IPv4 network
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of FortiGate, as presented in the FortiGate Security¬†course