The Navigating the Journey to HP Cloud (H1L34) course prepares the participant to identify, describe, and position the HP Converged Infrastructure and HP cloud solution offerings, to evaluate high-level customer requirements and recommend the best solution, and to demonstrate the key benefits and functionality of the HP Converged Infrastructure and cloud technologies.
Module 1: Overview of Prerequisite Modules
Module 2: The HP Journey to the Cloud
- Name the challenges businesses to face on their journey to the cloud
- Identify opportunities for HP Converged Infrastructure and HP Converged Cloud to provide solutions to these challenges
- Describe the paths from an HP Converged Infrastructure to the cloud
- Name the programs HP has in place to help partners build their businesses
- Explain how Cloud Maps assist in fast-tracking the development of a
- CloudSystem Matrix service catalogue
Module 3: A Closer Look at HP Matrix Operating Environment and HP CloudSystem Matrix
- Describe the features and functions of HP Matrix Operating
- Environment (Matrix OE) as cloud management software
- Explain how Matrix OE builds on the HP infrastructure management portfolio, including HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) and HP Insight Control
- Explain how cloud bursting with Matrix OE works
- List the major components of the HP CloudSystem Matrix and describe how they function
- Explain how customers have implemented HP CloudSystem Matrix, as described in case studies
Module 4: A Closer Look at HP CloudSystem Enterprise
- Differentiate HP CloudSystem Enterprise from the other two HP CloudSystem offerings
- Name the components of HP Enterprise Starter Suite
- Explain how CloudSystem Enterprise fits the requirements of certain use cases and case studies
Module 5: A Closer Look at HP CloudSystem Service Provider
- Identify the major components of the HP CloudSystem Service Provider
- Describe the features and functions of HP Aggregation Platform for
- SaaS (AP4SaaS)
- Explain how CloudSystem Service Provider fits the requirements of certain use cases and case studies
Module 6: Planning and Designing HP Converged Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions
- Prepare a proposal for an HP Converged Infrastructure
- Describe the CloudSystem sizing and configuration process
Module 7: HP Technology Showcase
- Access and watch demo videos on HP Converged Infrastructure and cloud technologies within the HP Solution Demo Portal (SDP)
- Apply the technologies discussed in the SDP that are relevant to your customers
Anyone who needs to learn how to describe, position, recommend and demonstrate HP Converged Infrastructure and HP cloud solutions to meet a customer’s requirements.
The participant should have a foundational knowledge of the individual HP Converged Infrastructure components, including HP servers, storage, networking, IT operations, software, security and services.
- Self-paced module 1: HP Converged Infrastructure and Converged Cloud Fundamentals
- Explain what infrastructure convergence is and why organizations are moving toward it.
- Define cloud computing and explain how infrastructure convergence enables cloud deployments.
- Articulate the HP Converged Infrastructure and Converged Cloud strategies.
- Describe cloud service and delivery models.
- This 2-hour self-paced module is to be completed prior to attending the course.
- Self-paced module 2: HP Reference Architectures
- Explain the purpose, goals, and elements of the HP Converged Infrastructure Reference Architecture and the HP Cloud Functional Reference Architecture.
- Explain how these two architecture models relate to each other.
- For each, list and describe the management portals and access methods.
- This 1-hour self-paced module is to be completed prior to attending the course.