The HP Storage XP 1: Configuration and Management (H6773) course introduces students to the XP disk array terminology, function, architecture, and configuration. Students will get configuration practice on our XPâ€™s with LUN and Volume Management, Data Replication using Business Copy Performance Advisor, Disk and Cache partitioning, and Command View XP Advanced Edition.
In addition, we will cover the concepts of External Storage, Thin Provisioning, and Snapshot XP, and Continuous Access.
- Understand the architecture of the HP Storage XP Disk Arrays.
- Use XP Command View Advanced Edition.
- Configure LUNs.
- Understand how to implement LUN Security.
- Understand XP replication products: Business Copy XP, Snapshot XP, and Continuous Access XP.
- Use Performance Advisor software.
- Use Remote Web Console.
- Set the Fibre Port Topology for the XP ports.
- Use the Volume Manager to create LUSE and Custom Size Volumes.
- Use MPIO and HP-UX 11iv3 Native Multi-pathing to handle multiple paths to a LUN.
- Understand and use the RAID manager for Business Copy.
- Describe the purpose of additional XP software products including External Storage and Thin Provisioning.
- Storage Administrators who are responsible for the configuration and management of HP StorageWorks XP Disk Arrays.
- Knowledge of networks and the storage administration tasks for the OS the XP will serve.
- It is also beneficial to have an understanding of SANs.
- UC434 – HPE Accelerated SAN Essentials
- SAN Fundamentals (Web-Based)