The HP Integrity Superdome X Administration (H8P04) course provides an overview of system components and practical experience using Superdome 2 Onboard Administrator (SD2 OA) and console management tools. Participants will configure partitions and monitor and manage HP Integrity Superdome servers. The HP Integrity Superdome X server is the mission-critical foundation for HP Converged Infrastructure solutions.
The course HP Integrity Superdome X Administration course is 50% lecture and 50% structured labs using simulations and HP servers.
At the conclusion of this HP Integrity Superdome X Administration course, you should be able to:
- Identify HP Integrity Superdome X hardware components and their functionality within the system
- Use SD2 OA to configure, monitor, manage and access HP Integrity Superdome X components and firmware
- Interact with the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) to configure partition boot parameters and manually boot a partition
- Configure, manage, and control partitions from the HP Integrity Superdome X OA
Introduction and Architecture
- HP Integrity Superdome X configurations and architecture
- HP Integrity Superdome X server main components
- HP Integrity Superdome X and HP Integrity Superdome 2 difference
Using Superdome 2 Onboard Administrator
- Accessing Superdome 2 (SD2) Onboard Administrator
- Using the SD2 OA GUI
- Using the SD2 OA CLI
- Saving and restoring configuration
- Scripting with the SD2 OA
- Using the Insight display
Using the UEFI
- Accessing the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
- UEFI front page menu
- Using UEFI system utility menus
- Using the UEFI shell
- Using the iLO 4 CLI
- Partitions in HP Integrity Superdome X systems
- Managing partitions
- Using the archive store
Appendix A – Superdome 2 Onboard Administrator CLI Command Summary
Appendix B – UEFI Command Summary
Experienced system administrators, engineers, and consultants responsible for managing and monitoring HP Integrity Superdome X servers.
- Enterprise Linux System Administration (H7091S); or
- Equivalent SUSE Linux Enterprise Edition or other Linux administration experience.