The Designing HPE Backup Solutions (H9Q01S) training course teaches you to plan and design HPE Backup Solutions with a focus on the concepts that define the right Backup and Recovery strategies for various customer scenarios. It includes the benefits of Backup and Recovery Solutions, more in-depth knowledge of Backup and Recovery solution components, and an understanding of how everything works together to provide a complete backup storage solution.
This course will provide you with a competency level of an Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE) and proficiency in the HP StoreOnce Strategy including Backup and Recovery best practices, configuration guidelines and recommended configurations.
After completing this HPE Backup training, the student will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental architectures and technologies of Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Describe HPE Backup concepts and strategies
- Identify a customer’s backup requirements
- Design, validate and propose a solution
- Understand the HPE Enterprise BURA vision, strategy, products and solutions
- Plan and design an Enterprise Backup and Recovery Solution
Module 1. Downtime and Availability
- Quantifying downtime
- Causes of downtime
Module 2. Backup Strategy
- What is backup
- Availability technologies
- Data tiering
- Why is backup needed
- Types of backup
- Tape media drives and technologies
- Maintaining history
Module 3. Topology and Performance
- Basic backup methods
- Storage Area Networks
- Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Backup encryption
- Capacity planning
Module 4. Backup and Archive Configurations
- Simple backup configurations
- SAN-based backup configurations
- Remote backup configurations
- Virtualization-related backup configurations
- HPE Enterprise Secure Key Manager
- Tiered data retention for HPE StoreServ
- Presales professionals
- Solution Architects
- IT professionals who provide HPE technical consulting during the planning and designing of SMB and Enterprise Storage Solutions.
This training is important for a channel partner organisation and members of an HPE presales team who are looking to grow their business with sales of HPE Backup and Recovery solutions.
Individuals who are members of an internal purchasing team responsible for defining business requirements and proposing Backup and Recovery storage solutions will also find value in this training that leads to certification as an Accredited Solutions Expert.
- You are expected to have a minimum of one year of experience in storage technologies.
- One of these:
- HPE ATP – Storage Solutions V2
- HP ATP – Storage Solutions V1