The EVA2: Business Continuity and Availability (HF839) is a three-day instructor-led course that introduces the student to the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array data replication environment. That environment includes both local replication (Business Copy Enterprise Virtual Array) and remote replication (Continuous Access Enterprise Virtual Array) solutions.
The focus of this course, however, is the remote replication capability represented by Continuous Access EVA. Also discussed is the Replication Solutions Manager (RSM) software application.
- Describe the purpose and concepts of Business Copy EVA and Continuous Access EVA.
- Work with the Job Scheduler, Job Creation and Templates.
- Configure Continuous Access EVA and use the replication functions available within RSM and Command View EVA.
- Describe Continuous Access EVA extended configurations.
- Perform basic troubleshooting techniques for Continuous Access EVA.
- Install the Replication Solutions Manager application.
- Describe the planning process for implementation of Continuous Access EVA.
- Perform Continuous Access EVA failover operations.
- Identify and implement Continuous Access EVA best practices.
System Administrators who are responsible for managing the many types of copy sets found in the Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) environment.
Students should successfully complete the following course prior to attending the HF839 course:
- HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array – UC420S
- HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array – U4879S
- It is preferred that students have a working knowledge of at least one of the supported operating systems