The HP Storage XP Performance Advisor (HK736) course shows how to use the HP StorageWorks P9000 Performance Advisor Software product, version 5.0.
This course includes information about user tasks and array troubleshooting. Extensive notes and real-world tips are provided in the slide note-windows.
This course is intended for users and HP service providers who are basically familiar with HP StorageWorks XP/P9000 disk array hardware, software, and storage systems. New version-5.0 features, as well as performance monitoring methods for both array types, are discussed. Hands-on lab exercises are not included.
After completing this course, you should be able to perform the following:
- Describe the differences between the earlier XP array architecture and that of the latest P9500 array.
- View, chart and report PA data using the PA web GUI.
- Make recommendations to improve storage system performance.
- Describe the XP/P9000 Performance Advisor functionality.
- Describe the process of installing and configuring the PA Management Server and PA Host agent.
- Use PA to identify and diagnose storage problems.
The audience includes:
- Storage Managers
- Database Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Project Managers
- Others professionals, who work in a network storage environment, using HP XP/P9000 Arrays and HP XP/P9000 Performance Advisor products.
The course is intended for those with little or no experience using the HP/P9000 Performance Advisor application.
Before attending this course, you must have a basic understanding of:
- Operating systems, networks and databases.
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS).
- Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- HP XP and P9500 disk array hardware and software configuration.
- Disk Storage concepts.