This course shows how to use the HP StorageWorks P9000 Performance Advisor Software product, version 5.0. It includes information about user tasks and array troubleshooting. Extensive notes and real-world tips are provided in the slide note-windows. This course is intended for users and HP service providers who are basically familiar with HP StorageWorks XP/P9000 disk array hardware, software, and storage systems. New version-5.0 features, as well as performance monitoring methods for both array types are discussed. Hands-on lab exercises are not included.
After completing this course, you should be able to perform the following:-
- Describe the differences between the earlier XP array architecture and that of the latest P9500 array.
- View, chart and report PA data using the PA web GUI.
- Make recommendations to improve storage system performance.
- Describe the XP/P9000 Performance Advisor functionality.
- Describe the process of installing and configuring the PA Management Server and PA Host agent.
- Use PA to identify and diagnose storage problems.
The audience includes storage managers and administrators, database and network administrators, project managers, and others who work in a network storage environment, using HP XP/P9000 Arrays and HP XP/P9000 Performance Advisor products. The course is intended for those with little or no experience using the HP/P9000 Performance Advisor application.
A basic understanding of:-
- Operating systems, networks and databases.
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS).
- Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- HP XP and P9500 disk array hardware and software configuration.
- Disk Storage concepts.