The Managing HPE 3PAR StoreServ I (HK902) training is a three-day instructor-led course that overviews 3PAR hardware and architecture. This course provides administrators with insights into the constructs within the 3PAR array family.
Students will explore Virtual Volumes and Thin Provisioning along with performing other administrative tasks via both GUI and CLI methods. The class discusses local and remote data copies along with reporting, scheduling and space management.
At the conclusion of this 3PAR training, you should be able to:
- Know the numbering schemes for the HP 3PAR hardware components
- Understand data flow and communication concepts in an HP 3PAR controller node
- Use Management Console 4.3 GUI and CLI
- Set-up a Common Provisioning Group (CPG) and manage alerts
- Create a Thin Provisioned Virtual Volume (TPVV)
- Use Autonomic Groups to simplify provisioning storage
- Change volume RAID, availability, and service levels using Dynamic Optimization
- Administer Virtual Volumes using the CLI and Management Console 4.3 GUI to manage space
- Create a Virtual Copy Volume (Snapshot)
- Create, manage, and remove a Virtual Domain
HP 3PAR administrators who desire training on specific concepts and best practices to gain the knowledge necessary to perform day-to-day administration functions on an HP 3PAR array.
Before attending this course, students should have an understanding of general storage concepts, preferably having studied Fibre Channel theory, and should at least be OS proficient at the ‘operator’ level.