The IoT Practice Builder Workshop moves beyond the theory of IoT to providing you with the knowledge and the concrete steps for creating and accelerating sales opportunities.
In this 2-days course, you’ll learn how Digital Transformation and the Internet of Things are creating significant business opportunities for organizations across all industries. Business leaders are recognizing the impact of data-driven decisions and the value of connecting the unconnected.
Account Managers, Pre-Sales Engineers, and Practice Managers will learn the key business value propositions, how to identify the decision-makers and how to build a successful solution sales approach.
In the IoT Practice Builder Workshop, students will learn:
- How to employ a business outcomes approach to customer engagement for IoT solutions.
- The importance of the IoT ecosystem and how to build your own IoT Go-to-Market approach.
- How to articulate a comprehensive understanding of the Enterprise IoT stack in business terms.
- An understanding of how to build a successful solution selling approach.
- How present IoT solutions that address use cases in core verticals of Retail, Smart Buildings, Remote Asset Management, Manufacturing, Transportation, and Utilities/Energy.
- How to engage customers by mapping their specific use cases to IoT ecosystem solutions.
- How to lead IoT use case discussions with customer buying centers outside of your comfort zone.
Module 1: Core Foundations of Digital Transformation and IoT
In this module, attendees will acquire an understanding of Digital Transformation and IoT in the enterprise. Attendees will also gain an understanding of what are the building blocks of IoT and how do technologies map into each layer to form an end-to-end solution. We will cover the important role that security plays in solutions that pose broader threat landscapes. Finally, attendees will clearly understand the critical role that Resellers and Systems Integrators play in creating business relevant IoT solutions for the real world.
IoT in Digital Transformation
- The model for digital transformation – learn how enterprises can leverage technology to drive digital capabilities and new business models.
- IoT as a driving force for the digital enterprise – What is IoT and what it is not and what is its role in digitization?
- Creating business relevance in IoT.
- IoT solution evolution model – current situation and the future direction.
- The IoT stack and building blocks – understand the devices, connectivity, platforms, and services layers.
- Unlocking the value of IoT – where does the monetary value of the various layers lie? The Eco-system.
- Overview of the IoT landscape – Current view of IoT hardware, software, and services companies.
- The leading players and their propositions – Who are the most prominent technology vendors and where do they play in the IoT stack?
Module 2: Unlocking Business Outcomes
In this module, we will discuss the importance of business outcome selling across all the key stakeholders in the customers’ organizations from the executive level, business operations, and IT. We will look at how IoT drives new business models and operations to create incremental revenue and significant efficiencies and productivity gains. We will take a deep dive into proven IoT use cases that address your existing/new customer business outcomes and strategic intents. The module helps you to gain valuable insights into major industry vertical and horizontal market opportunities and clearly sets out the use cases where IoT solutions can generate significant business value to the customer.
Vertical and horizontal markets include:
- Smart Buildings – HVAC, energy management, elevators, and physical security. New construction, legacy building, and existing smart buildings.
- Smart Cities – smart lighting, air quality, noise pollution, traffic control, waste management. Large metropolitan areas and small/mid-size cities.
- Energy & Utilities/Remote Asset Management – water management, (leak detection, water quality) “man down” safety use-cases, power distribution station management, industrial campus monitoring, mobile cell tower management, asset tracking.
- Connected Transportation/supply chain solutions – fleet management, OBD monitoring, predictive maintenance of vehicles, locations tracking, connect service and maintenance operations, connected mass transit.
- Connected Manufacturing solutions – remote asset management of plant, utilization monitoring, predictive maintenance, OEE improvements, waste reduction, and quality improvement.
- Connected Retail – Omni-channel retailing trends, loss prevention, enhanced customer experience, “Wayfinder” systems, sales assistant optimization, supply chain, and stock management.
Module 3: Vertical Selling Discovery Methodology
In this Module, you will learn how to create new opportunities by connecting with customer buying centers outside of IT. Identifying key job roles and buying centers within the relevant lines of business will equip the client-facing staff of channel partners with the ability to consistently have valuable conversations with the right set of customer stakeholders at each stage of the customer’s problem-solving lifecycle.
- Guidance on identifying key customer contacts instrumental in the IoT buying process.
- Understand the responsibilities and KPIs of the key job roles in order to ask the right questions.
- Leveraging LOB buyer intelligence information, buyer personas, and aligning with the customer’s problem-solving lifecycle.
- Steps for educating customers on how technology can address their business challenges.
Module 4: Solution Selling and Practical Exercise
Based on the learning of the workshop, we will look at how to build an IoT practice by understanding each step of the IoT solution life-cycle approach. We will take you through the necessary steps you will take to identify the priority business imperatives and validation and the pilot phases, that lead to a successful project definition. We will look at the go-to-market planning that is necessary to access new budgets in customer lines of business opportunities.
- Understand the solution selling lifecycle, (Discovery & Analysis, Ideation, Prototyping, Scaling, Manage & Optimize).
- Learn how to build the relevant skills and capabilities across key job roles in your organization.
- Solution selling exercise – During this dynamic module, you will engage in exercises that leverage the previous modules. critical building blocks, applying critical consultative sales techniques to the leading IoT use cases, demonstrating how these techniques can unlock value in customer conversations.
The IoT Practice Builder Workshop course is intended for Account Managers, Pre-Sales Engineers, OT Specialists, Practice Directors, and Sales Executives.