TheÂ IMS Network – IP Multimedia Subsystem course provides an understanding of the IMS network architecture. This course describes and analyzes the main IMS logical functions, from the SIP triplet P/I/S-CSCF to the HSS database and all the support devices and Application Servers. Particular focus is dedicated to the analysis of registration and call establishment procedures in the IMS network, in both Full-IP and interworking with other technologies scenarios.
This training will analyze IMS network tracings, especially SIP, DNS, and Diameter messages will be analyzed in detail. The laboratory will provide software applications to simulate IMS logical entities and establish packet calls.
The IMS Network – IP Multimedia Subsystem course includes
- Release 5 architecture
- IMS Core Network nodes
- IMS Domain interfaces
- Diameter protocol
- Diameter Base and NASREQ (AAA)
- Diameter 3GPP
- Diameter DCCA and CDR management
- Diameter 3GPP and SIP in IMS network
- IMS network registration procedures
- â€ťOriginatingâ€ť and â€śTerminatingâ€ť call procedures
- IMS and NGN network
- Interworking with the PSTN
- QoS and COPS protocol
- Radio access procedures in the IMS network
- Technicians involved in network operation and maintenance
- Network Designers and Planners working on IMS
- Before attending this training, the student must have an understanding of signaling protocols over IP networks and UMTS network good understanding.