The IPS – Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System v7.0 course is five-day instructor-led training that includes course content leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) career certification. This IPS training provides Network Security Engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco Intrusion Prevention System-based security solutions using Cisco IPS features with detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line.
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor.
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements.
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment.
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution.
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high-performance solutions according to policy and environmental requirements.
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware.
- Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
- Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Managing and Analyzing Events
- Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High-Performance Solutions
- Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware
- Channel Partners/Resellers
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have for the best learning outcome include:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system