The IPv6 Planning and Design course aims to provide trainees with knowledge on IPv6 addressing implementation and on the new features of this protocol. IPv6 addresses structure and different types will be described, moreover IPv4 compatibility, routing and security issues will be discussed.
- IPv6 addressing
- IPv6 Datagram format
- IPv6 Unicast, Multicast, Anycast
- Link-Local, Site-Local, Global IPv6 Unicast addresses
- Stateless AutoConfiguration
- Stateful Autoconfiguration (DHCPv6)
- IPv6 MTU
- Neighbour Discovery (ICMPv6)
- IPv6 Routing protocols
- RIPng, OSPFv3, MP-BGP
- Dual-Stack and Tunneling
- 6rd, DS-Lite, Teredo
- NAT64 and DNS64
- IPv6 over MPLS 6PE and 6VPE
- Broadband Forum TR-177 and TR-187
- Mobile IPv6
- Home Agent and Care-of Address
Network Manager and technical personnel involved in networking.
Before attending this IPv6 Planning course, you must have a good understanding of IP networking and IPv4 protocol.