The LTE System Architecture Evolution course provides an understanding of the LTE access network and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network. This course describes Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, with special focus on its innovation within the access layer. Moreover, EPC network architecture and performance are fully analyzed. Finally, we discuss the interworking between EPC and LTE access network, in order to acquire a complete knowledge of the service.
- Evolved Packet System (EPS)
- EPS: LTE and SAE (System Architecture Evolution)
- Evolved UTRAN (E-UTRAN) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- LTE/EPC protocol stack
- Multicasting over LTE
- OFDMA andÂ SC-OFDM
- DL/UL channels
- MAC, RLC and PDCP levels
- MIMO systems
- RRC states, procedures and functions
- EPC architecture
- S1 and X2 interfaces
- Mobility management
- EPS Bearer management
- QoS management
- EPC protocols
- Technical personnel and network designers involved in the development and management of next-generation mobile networks.
- UMTS network architecture and protocols skills.