The Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Core Setup & Finance is a two-day course that helps students prepare to complete the core setup and finance of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This course also helps you prepares for the MB7-701 certification exam.
This course provides students with the tools to set up the financial management application area. The focus is on the advanced financial functions within the organisation such as multicurrency, cost accounting, cash flow forecast, and the VAT rate change tool. Furthermore, this course focuses on internal reporting and analysis functionality, in addition to the means for sharing data outside of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV environment, either through XBRL—a language for tagging financial data—or by exporting data to Microsoft Office Excel.
This exam has been retired. See other Microsoft courses
- Set up Intrastat for use in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Explain how to run and submit Intrastat reports.
- Explain and demonstrate the preparation of the VAT rate change process.
- Explain and set up the VAT rate change tool.
- Explain and demonstrate how to perform a VAT rate change.
- Explain setup requirements for currencies and exchange rates when using multiple currencies.
- Explain setup requirements using multiple currencies with customers, vendors, and bank accounts.
- Describe steps and additional functionality for processing purchase and sales documents that use foreign currency.
- Describe steps and additional functionality for recording and posting multicurrency transactions in the cash receipts journal.
- Describe how to process multicurrency payments using the payments journal.
- Describe how to run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job for customers, vendors, and bank accounts.
- Explain set up, viewing amounts, daily processing, and periodic processes when using an additional reporting currency.
- Describe how to run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job for G/L accounts.
- Describe how to view the Exchange Rate Adjustment Register.
- Explain the Budgets feature in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Explain the G/L Budgets page elements.
- Show how to set up budgets manually.
- Explain how to delete budget entries.
- Explain how to create budgets by using the Copy Budget function.
- Explain how to create budgets by using the Export Budget and Import Budget functions.
- Explain the workflow in Cost Accounting.
- Explain and set up Chart of Cost Types, Chart of Cost Centers, Chart of Cost Objects, and Cost Accounting Setup.
- Explain the relationship between the cost accounting and general ledger application areas.
- Set up cost journals.
- Explain how to create cost entries either through a transfer from G/L entries or through posting the cost journal.
- Explain and set up cost budgets by using different copy functions.
- Explain the transfer from budget to actual.
- Explain and set up cost allocations.
- Explain static and dynamic allocations.
- Explain how to allocate costs and cost budgets.
- Explain the cost registers and cost budget registers.
- Explain the deletion of cost entries and cost budget entries.
- Explain different cost accounting reports.
- Provide tips and tricks.
- Explain the functions of the cash flow forecast.
- Explain the setup of the Chart of Cash Flow Account, Cash Flow Setup and Cash Flow Payment Terms.
- Explain how to create cash flow forecasts by using Cash Flow Forecast Cards and Cash Flow Manual Revenues and Expenses.
- Explain how the Cash Flow Worksheet is used.
- Review the registration of the cash flow through Cash Flow Forecast Entries.
- Explain the different Cash Flow Forecast Reporting possibilities.
- Describe filtering and analysis pages related to the chart of accounts.
- Explain how to set up an account schedule and explain other processes that relate to account schedules.
- Demonstrate cost account schedules.
- Demonstrate cash flow account schedules.
- Describe types of dimensions.
- Explain how to set up analysis views.
- Explain the process of exporting analysis views to Microsoft Office Excel 2007, and describe the elements of the exported file.
- Show how to generate analysis by dimensions and other dimension analysis reports.
- Show how to set up a Finance Performance chart.
- Explain the terminology associated with XBRL.
- Explain how to import and update taxonomies.
- Explain how to attach, update, and apply link bases to taxonomies.
- Describe pages that are related to XBRL lines, and explain how to enter XBRL line definitions.
- Demonstrate how to export an instance document.
This course is intended for a partner that sells and implements the finance module to customers. The typical partner has an ERP background and is strong in accounting principles.