This Defining a Hybrid Messaging Strategy (MS-201T01-A) course introduces students to the world of hybrid messaging.
In this course, students will learn how to deploy a hybrid environment for an Exchange organisation and how to migrate mailboxes to Exchange Online. They will begin by examining available mailbox migration options and then focus on planning for a hybrid deployment. Finally, students will learn how to implement and troubleshoot a hybrid deployment.
Module 1: Performing Mailbox Migrations
- Planning Mailbox Migrations
- Performing IMAP Migrations
- Performing Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Performing Advanced Migrations
Module 2: Planning a Hybrid Environment
- Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Planning to Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
Module 3: Deploying and Troubleshooting a Hybrid Environment
- Deploying and Managing an Edge Transport Server
- Configuring a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implementing Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshooting Hybrid Deployments
Module 4: Lab – Hybrid Deployment and Management
- Lab: Hybrid Deployment and Management
- Exercise 1: Perform a mailbox migration to Microsoft 365
- Exercise 2: Manage hybrid scenarios
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration.
The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. To implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organisation, the Messaging Administrator must collaborate with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator.
The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications, and have:
- Proficient understanding of DNS.
- Basic understanding of messaging within Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and domain controller infrastructure along with identity management.
- Basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services and directory synchronization.
- At least 5 years of general IT experience.