The OpenStack Deployment course helps you acquire the knowledge for the deployment and management of OpenStack based IT Cloud scenarios. How OpenStack works is explained and how this software creates and controls Â Next Generation Hypervisors: the new managers of virtual machines, designed for cloud environments, in which also client/server software resources are distributed and scalable. Towards a better understanding of the topics, there are practical exercises related to the development of a Cloud IT network entirely based on OpenStack.
Exercises: A full installation of an OpenStack environment is performed. Starting from the guest Linux servers, the Python source scripts of OpenStack are launched to create the entire application suite. Through the Horizon management portal, it is possible to create and manage the virtual machine instances in the cloud.
- IaaS in Cloud Computing architectures
- RPC: Remote Procedure Calls
- OpenStack agents: Nova Computing, Glance Image Service, Keystone Identity
- Quantum Virtual Networking
- Cinder and the traditional Block Storage
- Swift and the Object Storage
- Horizon Control Suite
- OpenStack multi Hypervisor Management
- Virtual Machines using KVM
- AMI: Amazon Machine Image
- Deployment of OpenStack based Cloud networks
- Virtualization with OpenStack
- Cloud Storage with OpenStack
- Network engineers and technical personnel involved in the migration of IT systems to Vendor independent Cloud architectures.
- Linux-based operating system understanding.