The Optical Fiber Measurements and Splicing course provide theoretical and practical knowledge on the fibre optics basic theory, the light propagation principles, its characteristics and measurement methods. Furthermore, this training shows, through practical sessions, how to use the fusion splicer and the Mini OTDR for measurement, analysis and certification.
This course also uses virtual labs to provide a hands-on understanding of the fibre real propagation phenomena. Laboratories with splicer and OTDR equipped with all necessary accessories, from the launch fibre spool to precision cutters, from pigtails to different test fibres.
- Optical fiber physical characteristics
- Light guided propagation
- Attenuation and dispersion
- Construction processes
- Types of connectors
- Laser power classes
- Power Meter
- Sensitivity and Overload
- Direct attenuation measurements
- OTDR principles
- Splicing identification
- Splicing attenuation calculation and measurements with Mini OTDR
- Span analysis and certification
- Terminations cutting and preparation
- Splicing implementation
- Splicing check
- The Optical Fiber Measurements and Splicing course is primarily intended for installers and technicians who work with optical fiber measurements.
- Main transmission parameters and measurement issues of basic skills.