This comprehensive course will equip candidates with the basic tools and techniques of P3O┬« (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices), and educate them on the constituents of a successful P3O┬«. This certification enables individuals to contribute to an office or enterprise in a supporting role. P3O Foundation Certification is a valuable certification in the project management industry, showing that you have the knowledge to operate within a project office that follows the P3O┬« model. Once you have obtained your P3O┬« Foundation certification, you will be ready to proceed onto the P3O┬« Practitioner course.
P3O┬« (Project, Programme, and Project Office) is a framework that enables businesses to set up and maintain a support structure to deliver change within their organization. Provided by the global best practice provider AXELOS, the P3O Foundation certification helps to align these areas of interest with the businessÔÇÖs objectives. This ensures senior management is able to make informed decisions about how these components of the business can fit in with the overall strategy.
This course covers the following topics:
- Essential P3O┬« operations and concepts
- Individual, collaborative, and integrated working methods
- Benefits of project management
- Risk analysis and for-seeing issues
- Best practice in P3O┬« projects
- Support structures development
- Encouraging evidence-based decision making
- Quality assurance
- Roles of responsibility and delegation of tasks
- Supporting provision
- Improving the financial aspects of projects
- Creating a skilled workforce
- Optimizing resources
- Predict efficiency by creating capability models
- Business transparency at the forefront
Module 1 ÔÇô Course Overview and introduction
Module 2 ÔÇô Introduction to P3O
Module 3 ÔÇô Why Have a P3O?
Module 4 ÔÇô Designing a P3O
Module 5 ÔÇô Implementing and ReÔÇÉenergising a P3O
Module 6 ÔÇô Operating a P3O
Module 7 ÔÇô Practice foundation exams
Module 8 ÔÇô Group activities and buzz exercises
Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two years professional experience working in Project or Programme Management. The MSP Foundation would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
- Members of a programme office
- Business change team members
- Project delivery team members
- Anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP and those wishing to pursue higher-level qualifications; e.g. programme managers, business change managers and senior responsible owners
The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals or objectives. Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs
There are no prerequisites for this exam.