This comprehensive P3O Practitioner Course will cover the knowledge required to pass the P3O¬ģ Practitioner examination. The training course will allow individuals to analyze, distinguish, and review the success or failure of projects, with a full appreciation of differing principles and varying roles that contribute to a successful P3O¬ģ. This P3O¬ģ certification indicates that a candidate is a proficient Portfolio Manager and can be entrusted with making informed operational decisions.
P3O Practitioner Course (Project, Programme, and Project Office) is a framework that enables businesses to set up and maintain a support structure to deliver change within their organization. Provided by the global best practice provider AXELOS, P3O¬ģ helps to align these areas of interest with the business‚Äôs objectives. This ensures senior management is able to make informed decisions about how these components of the business can fit in with the overall strategy.
This course covers the following topics:
- P3O Model and implementing/Re-energising a P3O
- Essential tools and techniques
- Crucial P3O Operations
- Underpinning concepts of P3O and application to your business
- Individual, collaborative, and integrated Working Methods
- Enable regular practice and reliable project management
- Risk analysis and for-seeing issues
- Best Practice in P3O projects
- Support structures development
- Encouraging and using evidence-based decision making
- Quality assurance
- Roles of responsibility and clear delegation of tasks
- Supporting Provision
- Improving the financial aspects of projects
- How to create a skilled workforce
- Optimizing resources
- Predict efficiency by creating capability models
- Promote business transparency
- Roles & responsibilities
- Business case
- Model customization
Module 1 ‚Äď Course Overview and introduction
Module 2 ‚Äď Why Have a P3O?
Module 3 ‚Äď Designing a P3O
Module 4 ‚Äď Implementing and Re‚Äźenergising a P3O
Module 5 ‚Äď Practitioner Examination Preparation
Module 6 ‚Äď Group activities
Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two years professional experience working in Project or Programme Management. The MSP Foundation would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
- Members of a programme office
- Business change team members
- Project delivery team members
- Anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP and those wishing to pursue higher-level qualifications; e.g. programme managers, business change managers and senior responsible owners
The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals or objectives. Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs.
The P3O Foundation certificate is required to take the P3O practitioner exam.