The SENSS – Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions v1.0 course is a five-day instructor-led training that is part of the path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. This course prepares security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls. The goal of this course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches.
The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
This course will retire on February 23, 2020. See other Cisco courses available.
Upon completing this course, the learner should be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity-based inspection.
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
- Course Introduction
- Cisco Secure Design Principles
- Deploying Cisco Network Infrastructure Protection Solutions
- Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls
- Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
- Lab Guide
- Channel Partners/Resellers
- CCNA Security or valid CCSP.
- Or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.