The SPEDGE – Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services v1.2 course is a five-day training designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Service Provider certification.
This course provides Service Provider professionals with information on the use of service provider VPN solutions. The goal is to train professionals to enable the Service Provider point of presence to supply Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs.
The SPEDGE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure they thoroughly understand how to implement VPNs within their networks. The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
This course will retire on February 23, 2020. See other Cisco courses available.
Module 1: VPN Technologies
- Lesson 1: Introducing VPNs
- Lesson 2: Introducing MPLS VPNs
Module 2: MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lesson 1: Implementing MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Routing in MPLS VPNs
- Lesson 3: Deploying OSPF and BGP in MPLS VPNs
Module 3: Special Connectivity in MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lesson 1: Implementing Special Connectivity in MPLS VPNs
- Lesson 2: Implementing Internet Access in MPLS VPNs
Module 4: MPLS IPv6 and Interdomain Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying IPv6 in MPLS Environment
- Lesson 2: Introducing MPLS Interdomain Solutions
Module 5: Layer 2 VPNs
- Lesson 1: Introducing Layer 2 VPNs
- Lesson 2: Implementing AToM
- Lesson 3: Implementing VPLS
- Lesson 4: Enhancing L2VPN Scalability
- Channel Partners/Resellers
It is recommended, that students have basic knowledge of:
- SPNGN1Â â€“ Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1;
- SPNGN2Â â€“ Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2;
- SPROUTEÂ â€“ Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing;
- SPADVROUTE â€“ Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing;
- SPCORE â€“ Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services.