The IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation (SSE1G) course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence of virtualization, the IBM Storwize V7000 to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements.
This course, focus on the planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. It also explains how to:
- Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools using internal storage and SAN attached external heterogeneous storage.
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-Time Compression.
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid-state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage with Easy Tier.
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualization to the virtualized environment.
- Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements
This course lecture offering is at the Storwize V7000 V7.6. level.
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Storwize V7000
- Unit 2: Enclosures and RAID arrays
- Lab 1: System Initial Configuration via Service Assistant
- Lab 2: System and GUI/CLI Access Setup
- Lab 3: Physical Storage – Internal
- Lab 4: Physical Storage – External
- Lab 5: Storage Pools – External
- Lab 6: Create Host Objects And Volumes
- Unit 3: Fabric zoning, iSCSI, and clustered Storwize V7000
- Unit 4: Thin Provisioning, Volume Mirroring, and Real-time Compression
- Lab 7: Access Storage from Windows and AIX
- Lab 8: Hybrid Pools and Easy Tier
- Lab 9: Access Storwize V7000 via iSCSI Host
- Lab 10: Volume Dependencies And Tier Migration
- Unit 5: Data migration facilities
- Unit 6: Copy services: FlashCopy and Remote Copy
- Lab 11: Internal Storage: RAID Options
- Lab 12: Thin Provisioning and Volume Mirroring
- Lab 13: Real-time Compression
- Unit 7: Easy Tier
- Unit 8: Managing the IBM Storwize V7000
- Lab 14: Data Migration Import Wizard
- Lab 15: FlashCopy and Consistency Groups
- Lab 16: Easy Tier and STAT Analysis
- This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
Before attending this course you should:
- Complete Introduction to Storage Networking (Lecture Only) (SN70AU) or Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71BAU) or have equivalent knowledge
- Have a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations