The UMTS Cell Planning course analyzes planning principles and tools for UMTS Frequency Divison Duplex (FDD) networks. Furthermore, this training provides network optimization skills. Finally, UMTS cell planning principles are extended to the High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) technology.
This training includes planning exercises about UMTS cellular coverage.
- UMTS planning principles
- UMTS review
- Frequency and planning
- Load Factor and Interference Margin
- UMTS link budget
- Coverage prediction models
- Macro, micro, pico, and femtocells
- CS and PS traffic analysis and modeling
- RAN design
- Coverage and capacity optimization
- UMTS metrics and KPIs
- Optimization techniques
- Introduction to HSPA technology
- HSPA planning principles
- HSPA link budget
- HSPA design
- HSPA metrics and KPIs
- This course is designed for experienced network planners.
- GSM network architecture skills.