The UMTS Signaling Protocols course aims to provide trainees with specific knowledge on UMTS mobile network signaling protocols. Thanks to a signal flow depth analysis it is possible to fully understand the meaning of each signal message sent from and to access equipment and core network exchanges, concerning both UMTS voice or video calls, and 3G or 3.5G High-Speed Data.
In this course, we will provide you with a detailed protocol tracing analysis, with particular focus on the messages, exchanged between network elements during UMTS Voice calls and Data transmissions. Thanks to this kind of study, it will be easier to understand each 3G network signal flow.
- UTRAN Protocols
- UMTS Air Interface
- Mobility control
- UMTS ATM Transport
- UMTS Release evolution
- Spreading and WCDMA
- Logical, Transport and Physical Channels
- RLC and MAC procedures
- Iub and Iur Soft Handover
- Hard Handover Interfrequency
- RRC protocol and functions
- DRR and Radio Bearer
- NBAP protocol and messages
- RANAP and RAB ID protocols
- â€śDirect Transferâ€ť procedure
- RNSAP protocol
- Iub and IuCS ALCAP protocol
- PDCP protocol
- GTP-U protocol, Direct Tunnel
- TLC companies technicians who work with 3G mobile network planning or operation and maintenance.
- Good understanding of common channel signaling and GPRS protocols
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and ATM protocols