This course is designed to give you a firm understanding of the Cisco Unified Wireless Networking for enterprise deployment scenarios. In this course, you will learn the basics of how to install, configure, operate, and maintain a wireless network, both as an add-on to an existing wireless LAN (WLAN) and as a new Cisco Unified Wireless Networking solution. It will build on top of the Wireless LAN terms, concepts, protocols, architecture and Wireless LAN characteristics introduced in the Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials (WLE) eLearning course. In the WDBWL course, you will investigate the components, features, and deployment aspects of the system. You will have the opportunity to reinforce what you learn with hands-on labs. This course focuses on the essential network elements of a WLAN, access points (APs) and wireless LAN controllers (WLCs).
It provides high-level information about the optional but recommended network management and services appliance components of a Cisco Unified Wireless Network – the Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI), and Mobility Services Engine (MSE) but does not provide hands-on labs and in-depth coverage of these components. The course also covers the differences when deploying a Cisco wireless LAN FLexConnect architecture.
Upon completion of the course, students will have the skills and resources required to successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment.
- Module 1: Unified Deployments
- Module 2: FlexConnect Deployments
- Module 3: Maintaining and Troubleshooting a Cisco Wireless LAN
- Module 4: Ease of Use – User First Initiative
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge, skills, and attitudes that a learner is expected to have before attending this course are as follows:
- Prior completion of the Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials eLearning course
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, TCP / IP, bridging, routing protocol, and VLAN operation
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent work experience