Swift greatly simplifies the process of developing applications for Apple devices. This Beginning Swift training course provides you with the essential skills to help you get started with developing applications using Swift.
Take your first foray into programming for Apple devices with Swift. Swift is fundamentally different from Objective-C, as it is a protocol-oriented language. While you can still write normal object-oriented code in Swift, it requires a new way of thinking to take advantage of its powerful features, and a solid understanding of the basics to become productive.
After completing this course, you will be able to begin developing native end-user applications for iOS and macOS or develop server-side (backend) applications and web services using Swift on Linux.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explore the fundamental Swift programming concepts, language structure, and the Swift programming syntax
- Transform your thinking to leverage new concepts, such as optionals and protocols
- Use key language elements, such as strings and collections in Swift
- Grasp how Swift supports modern application development using advanced features, such as built-in Unicode support and higher-order functions.
Lesson 1: Swift Basics
- Swift Program Structure
- Swift Variables and Constants
- Swift Data Types
Lesson 2: Swift Operators and Control Flow
- Swift Operators
Lesson 3: Functions, Classes, and Structs
- Error Handling
- Object-Oriented Features
Lesson 4: Collections
Lesson 5: Strings
- String Fundamentals
- Using Strings
Lesson 6: Functional Programming and Lazy Operations
- Functional Methods
- Lazy Operations
- Swifty Code
If you are seeking fundamental Swift programming skills, in preparation for learning, to develop native applications for iOS or macOS, this Swift training course is the one for you.
You donâ€™t need to have any prior Swift knowledge; however, object-oriented programming experience is desired.
This course will require a computer system for the instructor and one for each student. The minimum hardware requirements are as follows:
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- An internet connection
- Operating system: macOS Sierra 10.12.6+
- Xcode 9.1
- Safari browser