The Continuous Delivery Architecture (CDA) course provides you with the skills to design, implement and manage DevOps deployment pipelines and toolchains that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and potentially Continuous Deployment.
The course highlights underpinning processes, metrics, APIs and cultural considerations with Continuous Delivery. Key benefits of Continuous Delivery will be covered including increased velocity to assist organizations to respond to market changes rapidly, thus being able to outmanoeuvre the competition, reduce risk and lower costs while releasing higher quality solutions. Increased productivity and employee morale by having more activities performed by pipelines instead of humans so teams can focus on vision while pipelines do the execution.
Built upon the principles and practices highlighted in bestselling books such as “Continuous Delivery,” “Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations,” and more written by thought leaders in the DevOps movement. The Continuous Delivery Architecture course equips IT professionals with the broad-based competencies necessary in architecting and orchestrating effective and efficient automated deployment pipelines.
The course materials will include practical artefacts, templates, and lexicons to assist learners post-class.
The learning objectives for CDA include a practical understanding of:
- Goals, history, terminology, and pipeline
- The importance, practices, and transformation of a DevOps collaborative culture
- Design practices, such as modular design and microservices
- Continuous Integration (Cl), such as version control, builds, and remediation
- Tenets and best practices of Continuous Testing (CT)
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment (CD): packaging, containers, and release
- Continuous Monitoring (CM): monitoring and analysis infrastructure, process, and apps
- Infrastructure and tools: frameworks, tools, and infrastructure as code
- Security Assurance: DevSecOps
- The opportunity to hear and share real-life scenarios
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
The target audience for the Continuous Delivery Architecture course is anyone interested in learning about the principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, such as:
- Build Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- IT Managers
- Maintenance and Support Staff
- Operational and Infrastructure Teams
- Project Managers
- QA Managers
- Release Managers and Engineers
- Software Developers
- Security Professionals