In this two-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices.
In interactive labs, you will explore deployment strategies, which include single or multiple ADOMs, device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installing configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard Distribution Server, and troubleshoot the features that are critical to day-to-day use after you deploy FortiManager.
- This course is part of preparation for theÂ NSE 5 certification exam.
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access by using workspaces and workflow mode
- Use provisioning templates for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Understand Security Fabric integration with FortiManager
- Deploy SD-WAN using central management
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Manage the firmware of supported devices centrally
- Offer a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues
- Introduction and initial configuration
- Administration and management
- Device registration
- Device level configuration and installation
- Policy and objects
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Advanced configuration
- Additional configuration
- Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of FortiGate security policies via the FortiManager platform.
- Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure
- Basic understanding of network management systems