The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV (CL311) course teaches network engineers, network operators, cloud operators, and cloud administrators how to manage and tune Red Hat® OpenStack Platform for network performance.
You will learn how to manage the OpenStack networking service (Neutron) with network functions virtualization to enhance network performance. You configure distributed virtual routers, Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit datapath, and IPv6 networking in OpenStack. You will also deploy software-defined networking with OpenDaylight.
This course includes Red Hat® Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310). This offering is based on Red Hat OpenStack version 10.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
- Network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Distributed virtual router (DVR)
- Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK) datapath
- IPv6 networking
- Single-root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)*
- Software-defined networking (SDN) with OpenDaylight (ODL)
- VLAN, VXLAN, and GRE networks
*SR-IOV is covered in the course as a lecture and a video. The specification is not covered as a hands-on exercise because it requires special hardware.
Manage networks in Linux
Administer network interfaces, bridges, and virtual networking devices.
Manage OpenStack networking agents
Manage the L2, L3, DHCP, and other OpenStack networking agents.
Deploy IPv6 networks
Set up IPv6 networks in OpenStack.
Provision OpenStack networks
Provision tenant networks and provider networks.
Implement distributed virtual routing
Enable distributed virtual routing (DVR) to provide scaling and performance.
Tune NFV performance
Tune OpenStack networking performance.
Implement NFV data paths
Execute network functions virtualization (NFV) data paths.
Build software-defined networks with OpenDaylight
Create software-defined networks with OpenDaylight (ODL).
Comprehensive review of Red Hat OpenStack Administration III
Configure advanced networking on Red Hat® OpenStack Platform.
This course is designed for network engineers, network operators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
- Become a Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete the Red Hat® Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210), or demonstrate equivalent experience