This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence of virtualization, the IBM Storwize V7000 to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. It also explains how to:
- Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools using internal storage and SAN attached external heterogeneous storage.
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-Time Compression.
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage with Easy Tier.
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualization to the virtualized environment.
- Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- This course lecture offering is at the Storwize V7000 V7.6. level.
- Outline the benefits of implementing an Storwize V7000 storage virtualization solution.
- Differentiate between the Storwize V7000 2076-524 control enclosure and the 2076-312/324 expansion enclosure models.
- Outline the physical and logical requirements to integrate the Storwize V7000 system solution.
- Implement the Storwize V7000 GUI and CLI system setup to configure the V7000 systems.
- Summarize the symmetric virtualization process to convert physical storage into virtual storage resources.
- Implement volume allocations and map volumes to SAN attached host systems.
- Summarize the advanced system management strategies to maintain storage efficiency, enhance storage performance and reliability.
- Employ data migration strategies to the virtualized Storwize V7000 system environment.
- Implement Copy Services strategies to managed Storwize V7000 system environment remotely.
- Employ administration operations to maintain system ability.
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Storwize V7000
- Unit 2: Storwize V7000 hardware architecture
- Unit 3: Storwize V7000 planning and zoning requirements
- Unit 4: Storwize V7000 system initialization and user authentication
- Unit 5: Storwize V7000 storage provisioning
- Exercise 1: Storwize V7000 system initialization
- Exercise 2: Storwize V7000 system configuration
- Exercise 3: Configure user authentication
- Exercise 4: Provision internal storage
- Exercise 5: Examine external storage resources
- Unit 6: Storwize V7000 host and volume allocation
- Unit 7: Spectrum Virtualize advanced features
- Exercise 6: Managing external storage resources
- Exercise 7: Host definitions and volume allocations
- Exercise 8: Access storage from Windows and AIX
- Exercise 9: Hybrid pools and Easy Tier
- Exercise10: Access Storwize V7000 through iSCSI hostDay 3
- Unit 8: Spectrum Virtualize data migration
- Unit 9: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services: FlashCopy
- Unit 10: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services: Remote Copy
- Exercise 11: Volume dependencies and tier migration
- Exercise 12: Reconfigure internal storage: RAID options
- Exercise 13: Thin provisioning and volume mirroring
- Exercise 14: Migrate existing data: Import Wizard
- Unit 11: Storwize V7000 administration management
- Exercise 15: Copy Services: FlashCopy and consistency groups
- Exercise 16: User roles and access
- Exercise 17: Migrate existing data: Migration Wizard
- Exercise 18: Easy Tier and STAT analysis
- Class review and evaluation
- This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71G)
or equivalent knowledge
- Have a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems, disk storage systems, and I/O operations.