Chapter 1. Cybersecurity: A World of Experts and Criminals
Describe the characteristics of criminals and experts in the cybersecurity world.
- 1.1 The Cybersecurity World Describe the common characteristics comprising the cybersecurity world
- 1.2 Cyber Criminals versus Cybersecurity Specialists Differentiate the characteristics of cyber criminals and cybersecurity specialists.
- 1.3 Common Threats Compare how cybersecurity threats affect individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- 1.4 Spreading Cybersecurity Threats Describe the factors that lead to the spread and growth of cybercrime.
- 1.5 Creating More Experts Describe the organizations and efforts committed to expanding the cybersecurity workforce.
Chapter 2. The Cybersecurity Cube
Describe how the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
- 2.1 The Three Dimensions of the Cybersecurity Cube Describe the three dimensions of the Cybersecurity Cube (McCumber Cube).
- 2.2 CIA Triad Describe the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- 2.3 States of Data Differentiate the three states of data.
- 2.4 Cybersecurity Countermeasures Compare the types of cybersecurity countermeasures.
- 2.5 IT Security Management Framework Describe the ISO Cybersecurity Model
Chapter 3. Cybersecurity Threats, Vulnerabilities and Attacks
Describe the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
- 3.1 Malware and Malicious Code Differentiate the types of malware and malicious code.
- 3.2 Deception Compare the different methods used in social engineering.
- 3.3 Attacks Compare different types of cyberattacks.
Chapter 4. The Art of Protecting Secrets
Describe how technologies, products and procedures are used to protect confidentiality.
- 4.1 Cryptography Explain how encryption techniques protect confidentiality.
- 4.2 Access Controls Describe how access control techniques protect confidentiality.
- 4.3 Obscuring Data Describe the concept of obscuring data.
Chapter 5. The Art of Ensuring Integrity
Describe how technologies, products and procedures are used to ensure integrity.
- 5.1 Types of Data Integrity Controls Explain processes used to ensure integrity.
- 5.2 Digital Signatures Explain the purpose digital signatures.
- 5.3 Certificates Explain the purpose digital certificates.
- 5.4 Database Integrity Enforcement Explain the need for database integrity enforcement.
Chapter 6. The Five Nines Concept
Describe how technologies, products, and procedures provide high availability.
- 6.1 High Availability Explain the concept of high availability.
- 6.2 Measures to Improve Availability Explain how high availability measures are used to improve availability.
- 6.3 Incident Response Describe how an incident response plan improves high availability.
- 6.4 Disaster Recovery Describe how disaster recovery planning plays an important role in implementing high availability.
Chapter 7. Protecting a Cybersecurity Domain
Explain how cybersecurity professionals use technologies, processes and procedures to defend all components of the network.
- 7.1 Defending Systems and Devices Explain how processes and procedures protect systems.
- 7.2 Server Hardening Explain how to protect servers on a network.
- 7.3 Network Hardening Explain how to implement security measures to protect network devices.
- 7.4 Physical and Environmental Security Explain how physical security measures are implemented to protect network equipment.
Chapter 8. Becoming a Cybersecurity Specialist
Explain the purpose of laws related to cybersecurity.
- 8.1 Cybersecurity Domains Describe how cybersecurity domains are used within the CIA triad.
- 8.2 Understanding the Ethics of Working in Cybersecurity Explain how ethics provide guidance.
- 8.3 Next Step Explain how to take the next step to become a cybersecurity professional