The McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® 5.10 Essentials Course from McAfee Education Services provides attendees with hands-on learning about using the tools needed to efficiently install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot issues relating to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee® ePO™) software to safeguard intellectual property and ensure compliance and identify its components, architecture, and communications.
- This is self-paced course
- The content is for 8 hours and the student has 30 days to complete this course.
- Define the McAfee ePO software and McAfee® Agent, and explain its purpose, key characteristics, and functions.
- Install, upgrade, and uninstall McAfee ePO software.
- Deploy and configure McAfee products to endpoints.
- Configure server tasks and permission sets.
- Create and manage policies and rules.
- Describe the new policy, task approval, and new policy catalog functionality.
- Create and interpret important McAfee ePO software reports.
- Perform basic trouble shooting for McAfee ePO software.
- Identify McAfee ePO software components, architecture, and communications.
- Describe basic navigation within the McAfee ePO software console.
- Define and give examples of managed systems.
- Navigate the McAfee Agent interface.
- Identify best practices.
- Describe the new McAfee ePO Support Center Health Check functionality.
Module 1: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (On Premises) 5.10
- Course Introduction
- McAfee ePO Software Overview
- McAfee Agent Overview
Module 2: Installation and Upgrade Overview
- Installation and Upgrade Overview: Student Guide
- Installation: Student Guide
- McAfee ePO 5.10 Software (On Premises): Installation
- Upgrade: Student Guide
- McAfee ePO Updater Tool for McAfee ePO 5.10 Software
- Upgrade to McAfee ePO 5.10 Software
Module 3: Server Configuration
- Server Configuration: Student Guide
- Menu Bar Notifications
- Registered Servers Functionality
- New User Interface Functionality
- Server Configuration Features Overview
- Creating a Tag
Module 4: Product Management
- Product Management: Student Guide
- Client Task Assignments
- Client Task Comparison Tool
- Client Task Approvals Process
- Software Extension Installation: Manual
- Software Extension Update: Manual
- Software Package Installation: Manual
- Software Package Update: Manual
- Software Catalog New Features and Functionality
- Software Catalog Package/Extension Check-In
- Software Catalog Package/Extension Update
- Software Catalog Package/Extension Removal
- Product Deployment Project
Module 5: Policy Management
- Policy Management: Student Guide
- Policy Catalog Refresh
- Policy Assignments Functionality
- Policy Assignment Rules Functionality
- Create, Update, and Manage Policies
- Policy Comparison Tool
- Policy History
- Approval Management
Module 6: Dashboards, Queries, and Reports
- Dashboards, Queries, and Reports: Student Guide
- Dashboards Overview
- Queries Overview
- Reporting Overview
- Reviewing the Audit Log
Module 7: User Accounts and Permissions
- User Accounts and Permissions: Student Guide
- Creating a User Account
- Permission Sets
Module 8: Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery: Student Guide
- Disaster Recovery Snapshot
Module 9: Troubleshooting Basics
- Troubleshooting Basics: Student Guide
Module 10: McAfee ePO Support Center Health Check Student Guide
- McAfee ePO Support Center Extension: Extension CheckIn Process
- McAfee ePO Support Center Extension: McAfee ePO Server Health Topic Overview
- McAfee ePO Support Center Extension: Support Notifications (SNS) Topic Overview
- McAfee ePO Support Center Extension: Product Information Topic Overview
- McAfee ePO Support Center Extension: Search Support Topic Overview