The Photonics and DWDM Technology training course aims to let trainees know the devices and characteristics of an optical fiber transmission system. It introduces the concepts of guided wave propagation and it analyzes technologies, issues, and solutions adopted in optical devices. Particular attention is dedicated to architecture and devices used in DWDM optical networks and related aspects of operation and maintenance. Furthermore, this course provides basic knowledge on â€śOptical Transport Networkâ€ť.
Thanks to elaborate graphic simulations, trainees can understand the electromagnetic wave guided propagation in a fiber. Moreover, calculations will be made to decide the proper placement inside the network of devices such as dispersion compensators. Finally, there will be an example of link optical power calibration.
- Photonics in the telephone network
- Optical systems capacity
- Physics of light principles
- Electromagnetic wave polarization and propagation
- Geometrical optics principles: reflection, diffraction, refraction
- Fiber guided propagation
- Attenuation and optical windows
- Modal and Chromatic dispersion
- Dispersion Shifted Fiber and NZDSF
- Comparison of fiber performance: G.652, G.653, G.655 and G.656
- PMD Dispersion
- LED and LASER
- EDFA and RAMAN Amplifiers
- CWDM and DWDM systems
- OADM, ROADM and Optical Matrix
- G.709 Standard and OTN
- The Photonics and DWDM Technology course was developed for telecommunications technicians working with optical fiber network planning, construction, and operation.
- Digital transmission principles.